Kindle Euphoria

This is my opinion on the books I read. Remember, don't take it personally and don't get all shitty with me over it.  I don't bash the author personally unless the author has bashed the shit out of me and yes one has. So I will bash Madeline Sheehan forever. Otherwise if a book sucks it doesn't mean the person sucks, I've had books I loved and hated by the same author before, it happens. Not everything will please everyone. This is only my opinon and how these particular books made me feel.

My account was removed from GR so at the moment I'm severely lacking in reviews and books but rest assured for the 2013 year I've read over 300 books.

SPOILER ALERT!

Fireblood 1 - Trisha Wolfe

Fireblood  - Trisha Wolfe

3 Stars
ARC Provided by NetGalley

Summary-
To save a kingdom, Zara must choose between a prince who could be the answer and a rising rebellion that threatens to take control.

When Zara Dane is chosen to marry Prince Sebastian Hart, son of the man who ordered her father’s capture, Zara knows she must fight to save everything she loves from ruin.

Being betrothed to the prince means a life trapped behind the towering stone walls of the Camelot-forged realm. Under the watchful eye of the prince's first knight, Sir Devlan Capra, changing her future becomes difficult.

When an unlikely rebel reveals the truth about the deadly secrets that fuel King Hart’s twisted world, Zara’s path to rescue her father becomes clouded by deception. The Rebels clear her path by forcing Zara’s hand with an ultimatum: sway Prince Sebastian to join the Rebels, convincing him of his father’s evil nature, or they will take him out.

But Zara is uncertain about a future under the Rebels’ command and where the prince’s heart truly lies. She must decide who to trust, what to believe, and what she’s truly fighting for before the king destroys all of Karm, including her heart.

Uh huh.

The problems in this book are many. I hated this book up until the action picked up. The twist at the end with the battle was one I didn't see coming and was a smart move on the author's part. That's the part of the book that got the 3 stars from me. It was well written and I felt involved in the book at that point. The whole entire way I was annoyed and pissed off at the heroine. She annoyed me worse than people with the stupid. Oh wait.....
   I know how stubborn teenagers can be. Thinking back to my youth I was one of the worst. This one here, she wasn't just stubborn, she was also stupid. She was a pampered princess who had everything handed to her, even her ideals were handed down from her father.
   With all the realness attempted in the book to keep to a plausible reality with the scientific approach to the ending of the world, the sickness, the way the city was imprisoned by an electrical grid to keep people in and mutated monster's out, it damn sure bugged the shit out of me that Zara became this super warrior woman with stamina to fight seasoned and weaponed guards with years of experience, in only a month's time. It annoyed me that the only explanation given was she was a natural. WTF? Even a natural would need more time than that. She went from a wimpy idiotic girl to a warrior with strength, stamina, and fighting abilities to take down grown men who's sole purpose in life was battle. Really? I need to be convinced and this shit just pissed me off.
   She was so stubborn in the beginning of the book when she was chosen to marry the jackass prince Sebastian, the only thing she wanted was to escape. She had no plan, no training, she didn't know how to ride a horse, she didn't know how to use the knife she had. She was clueless and dumb. Her weakness annoyed me and it could have been turned around if only she was properly trained and taught tactics and techniques to not only fight but to get out of a situation or alter the plans. She could barely think for herself. How she remembered to breathe I'll never know. She's the reason it took me a week to read the book. I had to keep putting it down and walk away.
   Like a light switch at the end of the book after Zara had gotten hurt and was recovering in the rebel camp outside the city it's like a damn light switch flipped. She turned into something that was respectable and was now a woman instead of this superb idiot. She was the one I wanted to read from the beginning. Someone with poise and strength and who could think beyond her own little world. She was no longer a selfish asshole, she was thinking for the greater good.
   This is a YA but there are 2 cuss words in it, so maybe needs an age rating.is needed. One is the f word so not for the little ones at all. This book has soooo much potential. I can't figure out for the life of me why this is a series. It ends and there's a happy ending and a small glimpse of the future. All is good and is looking to improve, what the hell else is going to happen that it needs another book?

Source: http://kindlebooklove.blogspot.com/2013/11/fireblood-1-trisha-wolfe.html