Kindle Euphoria

This is my opinion on the books I read. Remember, don't take it personally and don't get all shitty with me over it.  I don't bash the author personally unless the author has bashed the shit out of me and yes one has. So I will bash Madeline Sheehan forever. Otherwise if a book sucks it doesn't mean the person sucks, I've had books I loved and hated by the same author before, it happens. Not everything will please everyone. This is only my opinon and how these particular books made me feel.

My account was removed from GR so at the moment I'm severely lacking in reviews and books but rest assured for the 2013 year I've read over 300 books.

SPOILER ALERT!

Heavy Metal Heart - Demon Rock 1 - Nico Rosso

Heavy Metal Heart - Nico Rosso

Review also found at my blog http://kindlebooklove.blogspot.com/2013/09/heavy-metal-heart-demon-rock-1-nico.html

3.5 Rocking Metal Stars
This book was an ARC provided by NetGalley.
    The Heavy Metal Heart book, is nothing like I was expecting. This wasn't your normal woman's paranormal romance novel with a lighthearted message and a HEA with a tamed rock star. This book was a dark read and was nothing like I'd imagined it would be. It did have some occult and mythological themes but that's to be expected when dealing with demons and their enemies that wish to eradicate them. It is an interesting look at Satyr's being elemental entities, created by man's celebrating and music, insteaad of being born of the underworld as Satan's minions. I might be giving too much away.
    Misty is one of the main characters of this book. The book is a dual POV. Misty has a normal life and is trying to make it in Hollywood working as a graphic artist in a company that gives her no allowance to be creative. She wants more from her life and is tired of making sacrifices for corporations and giving all her time for not much pay. She hears of a secret concert being given by a band she's been obsessed with for a long time. She can't for some reason, get away from the idea that the lead singer in his band is somehow singing to her.
    Trevor, is the other main character in this book. He's a sex on a stick, lead singer, rock star who has a deep secret. He's thousands of years old and is not a human. Trevor Sand has heard of the legend of a Muse for demons for thousands of years, but has never believed it, because he's never seen it himself. He still holds out hope of this Muse being real. He's imagined her since his inception into the human world. He's wanted her to be real and has wanted to have that bond and well.......food source. That's essentially what she would be to him, but one out of love and companionship.
    This book started out phenomenal and was leading up to something that would have been amazing. When they met it was electric and even when they had sex it was hypnotic to even imagine, then somehow it just rushed into something else. From the point of Misty running away in terror at the thought of a supernatural being in the room naked with her, it seemed to go in fast forward. I think if the author had been given creative freedom and perhaps time, he could have come up with some amazing explanations and dramatic scenes to convince Misty of her newfound Muse status. She accepted it way too quickly and was gung ho and powerful within 24 hours and knew how to use her power. It got confusing after that and I wish there would have been more.
    Since this was a dark book, you could liken it to Queen of the Damned. The metal songs would have coincided perfectly as well as the theme all around. No, I'm not saying they were cut from the same cloth and yes I do enjoy the themes fine. I have no problem with it. I wish more books were like this instead of the same formulae which seems to be coming around lately. That said, I will be looking for the second book to come out so I can have a read. It seems the other guys in the band need to find their own Muse.

Source: http://kindlebooklove.blogspot.com/2013/09/heavy-metal-heart-demon-rock-1-nico.html