Kindle Euphoria

This is my opinion on the books I read. Remember, don't take it personally and don't get all shitty with me over it.  I don't bash the author personally unless the author has bashed the shit out of me and yes one has. So I will bash Madeline Sheehan forever. Otherwise if a book sucks it doesn't mean the person sucks, I've had books I loved and hated by the same author before, it happens. Not everything will please everyone. This is only my opinon and how these particular books made me feel.

My account was removed from GR so at the moment I'm severely lacking in reviews and books but rest assured for the 2013 year I've read over 300 books.

Unholy Ghosts - Downside Ghosts 1 - Stacia Kane

Unholy Ghosts - Stacia Kane

Review also found at my blog, http://kindlebooklove.blogspot.com/2013_08_01_archive.html

5 Urban Fantasy Swoony Lurve Stars

If you're looking to read this series for a love story, this is not the book for you, but there kind of is one, or could be one. Or two. Chess is totally worth it though for those that don't like love triangles. There kind of really isn't one because what's going on throughout most of the book is Chess kicking ass when it comes to ghost hunting, or debunking as this particular series calls them.
   I don't know how I didn't find this sooner. I love this book and the writing style, the world building, the character building. All of it. Thanks to a couple of buds on GR for having read this series and getting me interested. I'm not disappointed in the least.
   I'd never heard of Stacia Kane 3 days ago but now I think I'm in lurve. I do love urban fantasies when I need to get away from my romance slumps. They all start to run together after a while and my memory being shit doesn't help either.
   Chess is the main character in this book and while she can be frustrating at times, she's so completely likeable I had to keep reading. I was reading this wondering why Chess would do the things she does to herself and I'm not making excuses for her, but she gets no rest ever and at the end of the book it was kind of needed. Yes ok, she's a drug addict, but somehow she's still coherent and can have an intelligent thought while she's on the stuff. I didn't mind being in her head. We all know what it's like reading about a character and wanting to bang our head into a wall because the character is such an idiotic fool and is so full of shit. Yeah, she's not like that.
   Chess owes this jackass druglord Bump about 4 grand and him being the genius mathematician he is, he all of a sudden charges interest and now she owes 15 grand to him. Yeah, I was like wtf? But, he's dangerous and she's one of those who wants to live and well Bump has an ulterior motive and uses that to give her an out on her drug loan. She's got to clear out one of the most haunted places in the city for him so he can run more drugs in and out faster and make more money. Isn't it always about money? Yup, it is.
   Chess is living in another world completely, this isn't the world as we know it now. This is a post apocalyptic world and the bad guys are ghosts. I know wtf, ghosts? But yes, ghosts have gotten dangerous and can kill people. They've somehow become these unholy evil beings who just want to kill humans and have the power to do so and regular people can't really fight back or defend themselves so all hell broke loose and people are pissed at religion. Isn't it always about religion? Yes, yes it is.
   One group was able to banish ghosts and trap them underground. This group was able to oust all religion and all others because they could protect the people. The new Church uses Magic and has witches in its employ that do all kinds of jobs. Chess is a well trained ghost hunting machine.
   Chess soon stumbles across an evil plot to overthrow the Church by an opposing group and they're using dark magic to attempt to steal from the church. Chess has a hell of a time trying to do the job for Bump with all the terrible things going on around her as well as her job which keeps her fairly busy doing research and looking into backgrounds and files and attempting to figure out the strange things happening.
   There's so much going on, the opposing drug lord Lex, the hitman Terrible helping out Chess and the jackass Doyle that she works with, the geeky Randy, the kid she tries to help who has information and gets killed. Just a huge story and I don't think I can type it all. The writing is phenomenal, the descriptions are fantastic. I saw everything wonderfully in my mind, in fact I couldn't read this book in the dark. I needed the TV on for background noise because the ghosties were scaring me. If you love UF then this is the series for you to check out. Enjoy!

Source: http://kindlebooklove.blogspot.com/2013_08_01_archive.html